Alison

Alison

Friday, July 6, 2012

Alison Angel Chapter 8

Chapter 8


Chapter 8: A second chance.

Buffy had attacked her when she had showed up in Sunnydale by accident. Buffy had been angry and had said that she believed Alison to be evil. Alison got annoyed and tried to walk away but the slayer raised her cross bow and shot it at her. Truly believing that Alison was evil. Alison caught the arrow spun around and threw it back at Buffy before she even realized that she was doing it. The arrow embedded itself into Buffy's chest and Alison's eyes widened as she realized what she had just done. She tried to help Buffy but it was too late. Buffy was soon dead. And Alison couldn't bare the thought of her father looking at her with hate because she had just killed a woman that he once loved with all his being. She ran further after that.
Alison walked through the door. They weren't home. That put her at ease when she came through the door. It had been two months since she had left. And now she was back. Not to return to her family. But to save them from herself. She took the book from her pocket and drew a pentagram on the wall. She said the spell to go back in time and the portal opened and just before she went through she stiffened.

“Why are you going to the past?” It was Ava. Alison turned seeing that Ava was alone and there was a glint of fear in Ava's eyes that Alison didn't like.

“I'm going back in time to destroy myself before birth.” Alison told her.

Ava gasped “You can't! Alison please! Don't do this! It will change everything! You have to trust me. Everything will work out I promise. You don't have to do this. I can't stop you. But I need you to trust me when I tell you that when you destroy yourself you will cease to exist and it will change things. So greatly that the time line will be rewritten. Without you. And who knows what else will happen because you didn't exist. You have to think before you do this. Please stay. Do it for me.” Ava begged trying to reason with Alison to make her understand that without her the world would change. And that every person that they loved would be effected by what she was about to do. Everything would change. Everyone would change along with the time line. And Ava had a horrible feeling that it wasn't just Alison that would cease to exist. That this act would take more lives then it would save. That the alternate universe that was created would be so horrifying and filled with pain and suffering for all of their loved ones. And Ava crumbled to her knees helpless as Alison went through the portal and closed it. Ava tried to get up. But she could feel it already. She was weakening. She looked around and she could already see things that were changing.

Alison arrived in the past after Angel had left Darla in the bedroom alone. Darla's eyes were closed. Alison could tell that her mom was asleep. One hand protectively on her stomach. As if afraid that something would come after her babies.
Alison used her power to moved her mothers arm and she took out the spell book. She quietly chanted the abortion spell that would abort the female baby. Unaware that the connection between her and Connor would cause her mother to have to give her life to see that Connor made it into the world. Alison felt herself begin to fade.

In the future.

Angel and the gang walked in now and were shocked at the sight of Ava laying on the floor not moving. She was alive but she seemed lost in her own world. Garret rushed over. Ava had just seen the world that was going to happen because of Alison's destruction. And indeed it was a world of pain and suffering. She couldn't bare it. The Connor crumbled to his knees screaming as he felt Alison fading.
He was losing her. “Ali!” he screamed holding onto his gut as if he had been stabbed. Angel rushed to his son “What? Connor what is it?” he asked.
Connor began to cry. “ What's happening to her!”
Ava found the strength to take Garrets hand “She is Fading. She is almost gone. She went back in time. She destroyed her fetus. She will cease to exist in only seconds. As will I. And Garret. And Alana. I am sorry that I didn't stop her. But I am most sorry to Angel. I have seen the world that will happen without her. And I would rather cease to exist then let it come to pass. I will cease to exist anyway. And it will come to pass. I am so sorry.” Ava rasped out holding tight to Garret as he just gazed at her shattered.

And then the gang was helpless as one by one they watched their children cease to exist.

First Ava faded away then Garret as he cried for his sister. Then Alana. Until all that was left was Connor. They thought he would fade too but he didn't.

Darla gasped and suddenly became dust before their eyes. “Darla!” Angel yelled then Illyria began to choke she went down on her knees she could feel what was about to happen “NO! Fred.” she screamed looking over at her friend Fred and a tear slipped from her eyes as she realized that Fred was about to die and be infected by her.
“What?” Fred asked tears in her own eyes.
Illyria tried to fight it. “I won't do it!! I'm will not infect her! I will not take her life!” Illyria actually began to cry as she tried hard to fight Faith whom she could feel coming back to the body because now it wasn't Faith that was infected. It was Fred.

Illyria was powerless to stop what was going to happen. She gave Fred her now tearful gaze and said in a shattered voice “I can't stop it. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I have no choice.” then Faith's body was thrown back and Fred's was too. Wes and Gunn and Angel watched in horror as Fred died and Illyria was now in her body. Fred's hair turned blue in several areas along with some of her skin.

“Fred.” Gunn choked out as the love of his life was now destroyed by one of their greatest friends. Just as their friend Faith had been. Faith faded away.

Illyria stood there in Fred's Body looking at her hands and then gazing around the room.
She spotted Wesley. “Wesley. My love. NO!” she screamed but she was too late. He began to fade as well. Then Gunn faded away. And now all that was left was Illyria and Angel.
Illyria didn't allow herself to shed the tears yet. Then Angel became dust. And that's when her tears began to fall.

She cried for her fallen friends. Then she realized she had very little time left if any. She had to do something. Otherwise there would be no hope of preventing this. And it had to be prevented.
Illyria cast a spell on herself. Freezing time and then opened a portal to take her to the powers that be.

She fought briefly with them before they conceded about owing Illyria a debt that she was now demanding they pay.
“And what is your demand?” The male voice asked.
“A second chance. For us all.” Illyria said.
“And what will you give us?” they asked.
“You have already taken everything! If you need another life as payment then fine. Take mine. I have nothing left.” Illyria offered her own life as payment for the chance to be given and then it was granted.


A POV

When I had faded I thought that was the end of it. But it wasn't. I stood in the circular room with walls that were so high that there seemed to be no ceiling.
Before me was what looked like a bird bath. But it was actually where I watched everything happen.
First my mother began to lose Connor and that hurt. The she dusted herself just to bring him into the world and I cried then. Then I watched my father taking care of Baby Connor and then our friend Wesley translated the prophecy on his desk. The same one that I burned at birth. And now I understood why I had burned it. It was a trick. It would hurt my family. And I as a baby somehow sensed it and destroyed it. Then I watched as Wesley struggled to disprove it and then made a choice hoping to save Connor. He took him. And then was tricked and Justine cut his throat. Then I screamed when Holtz took Connor into the hell dimension. I could barely stand to watch as my father cried and suffered during those first days over his lost son. His son was gone. And he was unaware that I had even existed.
Then Connor returned as a teenager. Almost a man. And he fought with our father. Then ran from him. Then met a girl. His first friend who then died and our father showed up and he fought with him again.
Seriously dad? Your just gonna let him throw punches and the return them? My father would have never done that! He would have restrained Connor til he was too worn out and then he would blistered his butt. And he certainly would saw through the deception Connor threw his way. Then I had a fit when Holtz framed our father for his murder and Connor actually BELIEVED it!! seriously Connor?!
Our father would never do anything to deliberately hurt us!
Then I cried again when Connor sunk our father to the bottom of the ocean and our father went on and on trying to tell him that he loved him. Then when our father came back I felt like punching him when he threw Connor out of the house instead of punishing him properly. Then Cordy came back and that was just pitiful. I could tell that it wasn't her. I could tell that it was something evil. Then she slept with Connor giving him a speech about how if it is the last night then she wanted Connor to have one thing that was real. Actually it sounded like she pitied him more then anything else. And our father happened to see it and it hurt him of course. Then there was more stuff and freaking Angelus showed up and Alison frankly panicked at that. But was relieved when he had his soul back. Then she almost laughed at Connor when Faith stopped him from killing their father she grabbed his wrist and he looked back at her and she said “Break me off a switch son. There's about to be a whoppin.” Faith said I laughed at the look on Connor's face. Faith didn't whip him. Well not like that. She did hand his butt to him though.

Then she left and the evil thing revealed that she was pregnant and it was Connor's baby and then soon after that dad and the gang finally grew a brain and figured out that evil Cordy was the beasts master and then to my shock Connor arrived just in time to save the evil bitch and then I wanted to jump through the fountain and kill her when she manipulated Connor into killing that innocent girl. Moms spirit tried to stop him but Connor listened to evil Cordy instead.

Then evil child arrived and came out a woman. Then everyone was really pathetically happy and it was really dumb. Then apparently her blood makes you see her for what she really is. Then my father spilled Cordy blood to help the others see it. Then Wesley got Connor and they did the same to him but he already knew and he betrayed them again. Then I watched in horror as my father went into a rage and started beating the living hell out of Connor. I had tears in my eyes and I screamed at him “You are not my father!” I was so angry but I knew he couldn't hear me.
Then Connor eventually killed Jasmine and then also tried to kill himself at which point dad agreed to work for Wolf Ram and heart and then erased Connor's memories along with everyone else's so that no one would remember Connor. Then dad just GAVE Connor away letting him believing that these random human people were his parents and he had no memory of our father or anything that had ever happened to him. Then he got it back but still left. Then I watched as Cordy died and then Fred died as she was possessed by Illyria and then one by one I watched all the bad things happen and people die. And everyone died. First Cordy died. Then Fred. The Wesley died. Really dad? Your gonna send the freaking human to deal with the evil wizard? How is that smart? Then Illyria showed up and killed the wizard and mourned her lover.
Then I watched as Spike rescued the baby and then Gunn faught against more vampires then a human was able to. He lived. But he was fatally injured. Then Connor showed up to help dad and dad sent him away saying that as long as Connor was okay the powers could never really destroy him. They all met up in the ally after that. And I watched them fall. One by one. First Gunn. Then just as the battle was reaching the end Illyria was fatally wounded but she still fought until the end. Then I watched as my father manged to save one last life before dying. My father had just saved Spike and was now dust. And now Spike who was shocked continued to fight the last few demons. Spike was the only one that lived through it. Then he stayed there staring at my father's ashes just as I did and the the sun came up. Spike didn't even try to avoid it. I knew that he wanted to die. And so he let himself burn to ashes by the sun.

Then I watched Connor laying on the grass and he closed his eyes I could feel that he was making a wish with all his heart and then I saw Ava. Ava's spirit placed a hand on Connor though he couldn't actually see it. “The powers owe us this Connor. Your our only hope. It's time for a second chance.” Ava said then Connor faded to the past. And I watched in fascination wondering what would happen now.

A portal appeared before me it was a bright color and then I saw my father standing there he held his hand out to me “Come with me.” he said.

I went over to him taking his hand. Then I felt it. He wasn't my father. He was the Angel that I had just watched die for Spike. And the look on his face told me that he knew everything. Somehow he had found out about me after his death. Then I realized that his spirit must have spoke with Ava or something like that.

Before we went through he just starred at me for a while. Probably trying to digest that it was true. That yes..I was his daughter and I had destroyed myself therefore creating the Alternate universe where there was so much suffering and pain.
“Why did you do it?” He asked unable to stop himself.
I looked apologetically at him “Because I didn't know about all that would happen. If I had known then I wouldn't have done it. I have been so lost and confused and I hurt people. And Buffy attacked me and I killed her. I thought you would hate me. I'm dangerous. I've always known that. And I just wanted to stop myself from becoming what I became. From doing all that I did. I wanted to stop it from happening. I thought this was the only way.” I said sadly.
“And what do you think now?” Angel asked.
“I think that no matter who you are or what your situation killing yourself is never the right thing to do.” I said honestly.
End Of APOV

Angel nodded “Well I'm glad that you learned something from this. The right thing isn't always the easy thing. In fact....it's usually when somethings hard. Like when I was going to kill Cordy to stop the Jasmine from entering the world. I made that choice. And I would have done it. I would have hated it. And hated myself for doing it. But I would have done it. Because it was the right thing to do. It would have stopped Jasmine from coming to power at all. Killing one to save billions. But what you did...Isn't that. Your not evil. You just saw my world. And before that....I saw yours. I saw everything. And I saw nothing that shows me that you were evil. You have incredible power. But that doesn't make you evil. And just because you used it a couple times against people doesn't make you evil. Do you know what your actions told me? They didn't tell me you were evil. They told me that you were a teenager. A teenager with amazing powers. Plus every time you used that power without my permission you were punished for it. Quite severely I might add.” Angel said at first he hadn't known where he was. All he had known was that all his friends and even Darla and Connor was there with him. And they all watched as they were shown the world that should have happened. It was a happier world. And the most shocking moment had been when Alison came out after Connor. Angel had protested about how that wasn't possible but then they watched more as they were shown the world that she came from. What their lives were like with her. Faith became Illyria and her and Wesley had twins Ava and Garret. Then Fred and Gunn had Alana later the same year. Then they watched everything else all the way up to the moment when Alison was attacked and she killed Buffy and then went back in time and cast the abortion spell that destroyed her fetus and almost made Darla lose Connor. Then Angel had been sucked through a portal and he watched as Alison saw their world. How she cried when they cried. And screamed during several of the bad times. And it almost broke his heart when after she watched him beat up Connor she screamed “Your are not my father!” and she was right. He wasn't her father.
She had made sure that he would never get the chance. And it made him angry. He was now willing to do anything to change the world back. And then he went back through the portal and to his friends and there stood Ava. She spoke with them and then she touched Angel saying “Your the only one who can save her now.” then she faded away. Then he had gone through another portal.

Alison scoffed at that though it was true. She was only 16 after all. Did she really expect herself to be perfect at controlling herself all time? Her father didn't. He always delivered punishment when she failed to do so but that had more to do with making her want to control it and punishing her for when she used it against others. “Yeah. I see your point.....I just didn't see it that way at the time.” Alison said.

“I wasn't even there and I could see it that way. And I know my other self saw it that way too. Your just a kid Ali. Nobody's perfect and the point is that you try to control it. And I saw it myself. Most of the time you did try. But there were some times when you didn't. And again that had more to do with the fact that your just a kid. Do you trust me Alison?” Angel asked.
“Part of me does. But after what you did to Connor the other part of me wishes for you to be alive again so that I can kill you myself. Why do you ask?” Alison asked.
“I can understand that. You have to understand something about that. I was hurt. He had betrayed me twice and he hated me. I never got the chance to be his father either. Not really. I'm not saying that what I did was okay. I know it wasn't. And after seeing that I spank you and your brother in your world I can understand why you would get angry that time that I beat him in mine. Because you know the difference. Don't get me wrong. I loved Connor. But that didn't stop me. I couldn't think of anything else to do. And I had to punish him. So I just beat his up. I gotta say after seeing your world there are a couple things in mine that I could have done better. Like with Connor mostly. If I had acted like his father and spanked him the first time he challenged me instead of letting him get the better of me he might have learned that he can't just do whatever he wants and get away with it. I didn't try to teach him right from wrong. I just wanted him to like. And it killed me that he didn't. But I should have been his father. I know that now. I should have blistered his backside when I came back from the ocean. I should have spanked him for every lie he told me. But I didn't. So when you think about it you are like me. I don't always do what's right. When it comes to the big stuff I usually do. But almost everything I did with Connor was done wrong.” Angel said then added “By the way. You should know me by now. So you can trust me when I say that weather I am me or the other me that got to be your father...If you were truly evil. I wouldn't have spanked you. I would have destroyed you myself. So since I didn't that alone should tell you that you aren't evil. You just made a mistake. Several. But you won't repeat them again. I'm here because the powers owed me one. Because of Illyria from your time. Guess she made a deal before she ceased to exist. And because of that they are now paying that debt to me instead of her. Now I want you to step through there. And don't you dare look back.” Angel said sternly that last sentence had two meanings though. One meant for her to not look back at him. The other meant that she wasn't to look back on the bad things of the past. Alison understood and got both meanings. And she knew which one he meant for her to take. She couldn't help herself. She hugged him “I'm sorry.” she said.
“I don't wanna hear that your sorry. I want you to go through that portal. Right now. Without another word. And then all you have to do is listen.” Angel said hugging her back and then separating them and she went through the portal and swore to not look back.

What she saw on the other side of the portal was Connor and their mother awake. Wait Connor was the same age as her! What was he doing in the past?

Then she could tell that it was the Connor from the alternate reality. Angel came in and Darla said “Great now there both here.” she said already knowing that this was their daughter because of her appearance alone.

Soon Darla gave birth to both children and Angel named Connor. Connor Galen Angel. And then after asking their daughter for her name they named the little girl Alison Marie Angel.

Connor faded away and then Alison saw a portal open behind her and she knew it was time to go. She gave one last look at her parents and sighed “I won't look back. I promise.” she said to her father and then she went through the portal and was now in the hotel she went down on her knees as new memories assailed her. And then the memories from childhood up til she destroyed herself were erased she didn't see Angel who was standing there casting the spell to erase those memories so that she would never know what had happened. Angel had merged with his other self and so he was aware of everything that happening in all the realities. But now Alison would only know this reality. She would know nothing of the others. And that was Angel's welcome home gift to her. To free her from her past.

The End.........

Continued in the sequel IN CONTROL 

No comments:

Post a Comment